Rich Chocolate Protein Fudge Cake
For the base:
- 2 sachets of Bioflex Nutrition Some Like It Hot in Chocolate
- 4 tablespoons almond meal
- 30g nuts of choice - we used walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon no sugar added maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or organic butter
For the mousse:
- 300g silken tofu
- 200g dark organic chocolate
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- For the base: Line a medium cake tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl combine maple syrup, coconut oil (or organic butter), milk and nut butter. Heat for 20 seconds to help with mixing.
- Add remaining base ingredients and mix to a firm dough.
- Press into lined cake tin.
- For the mousse: Melt chocolate and milk together.
- Place in a food processor with all remaining mousse ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over the base.
- Place in the fridge to set for approximately 2-3 hours.
- Best consumed within 2-3 days and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Per serve (87.5g) / Per 100g
Energy (kJ): 1090/1250 | Protein (g): 10.5/12 | Fat (g): 16.7/19 | Saturated Fat (g): 8.2/9.4 | Carbohydrates (g): 17.2/19.6 | Sugar (g): 13.6/15.6 | Sodium (mg): 47/54