Red Velvet Slice
Makes 16 Slices
For Red Velvet Base:
- 1 beetroot – steamed until tender, drained and cooled
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 30g cashew nuts
- 30g almond meal
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scoop Bioflex Nutrition Proflex in Chocolate
For Cookies and Cream Top:
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 can coconut cream – use thick component only
- 1 teaspoon Bulk Nutrients Sweetvia
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil – melted
- 1 scoop Bioflex Nutrition Proflex in Cookies and Cream
- 30g dark chocolate – chopped
- To make the topping: Combine cashew nuts, coconut cream, Sweetvia and coconut oil in a bowl and set aside to soak for approximately one hour. If you find the coconut oil sets during soaking, just zap in the microwave until it softens.
- After one hour, place all soaked ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Remove the blade and stir in the protein and dark chocolate pieces. Set aside.
- To make the base: Line a brownie tin with baking paper.
- Place all base ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Press evenly into the prepared tin ensuring a flat surface.
- Pour the topping layer over the base layer.
- Place in the fridge to set. Best overnight or for a minimum of three hours.
- Remove the slice from the tin with a sharp, hot knife.
- Top with chocolate or walnuts.
- Slice can be stored in the freezer for up to three months, otherwise best consumed within five days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Per serve (42g) / Per 100g
Energy (kj): 738/1760 | Protein (g): 6.1/14.6 | Fat (g): 13.6/32 | Saturated Fat (g): 6.6/15.8 | Carbohydrates (g): 6.9/16.4 | Sugar (g): 4.4/0.5 | Sodium (mg): 84/200