Pumpkin Puree Protein Waffles
Makes approx. 4
- 1 packet Bioflex Nutrition Protein Pancakes in cinnamon
- Handful raspberries
- Sugar free maple syrup, amount desired
For Pumpkin Puree:
- 1 pumpkin – chopped
- Pumpkin pie spice mix to taste – or a blend of cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and all spice (2:1:1:1)
- Coconut oil to coat,melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- To make pumpkin puree: Set your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking try.
- Chop the pumpkin and toss in coconut oil and coconut sugar to coat. Spread out on baking tray and bake until tender and softened.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before placing in a food processor pumpkin pie spice mix or homemade blend. Start at 2 teaspoons of spice mix, taste and increase if needed.
- For waffles: Make waffles according to directions on Protein Pancake packet.
- Spoon pumpkin puree, raspberries and sugar free maple syrup over cinnamon waffles as desired. Serve.
Note: Nutritional information does not include toppings.
Pumpkin puree: Per 100g: Energy: 653Kj | Protein: 2.2g | Fat: 11.2g | Carbohydrates: 10.8g | Sodium: 2mg