Protein Rice Pudding
- 1 scoop (30g) Bioflex Nutrition BioFurnace or Proflex in Vanilla
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups milk of choice - we used coconut
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice - we used Bulk Nutrients Sweetvia
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Heat a medium saucepan to a medium heat.
- Place in coconut oil and allow to melt before adding rice and stirring to coat.
- Then add lemon juice and stir.
- Add 1 cup of coconut milk stirring continuously to prevent sticking.
- Once absorbed add another 1/2- 2 cups of milk.
- While continuing to stir add all other ingredients and mix well.
- As liquid absorbs, test the rice to see if it is cooked.
- If it's not, add more liquid and continue to cook until softened.
- Leave enough liquid in the mix so that it is still a bit runny.
- Add in protein powder and stir well.
- Serve while hot with your choice of toppings. We used yogurt, berries, cinnamon and additional honey.
Per serve (175g) / Per 100g
Energy (kJ): 1000/574 | Protein (g): 10.1/5.8 | Fat (g): 14.5/8.3 | Saturated Fat (g): 12.9/7.4 | Carbohydrates (g): 17.36/9.9 | Sugar (g): 9.1/5.2 | Sodium (mg): 35/20