Protein Apple Crumble
Serves 2 - 3
For the apple filling:
- 8 peels and sliced apples - we used granny smiths
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or essence
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 cinnamon quill
For the crumble:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bioflex Nutrition Proflex in Salted Caramel or Vanilla
- 2 cups whole oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1 cup almond meal
- Pinch cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil - melted
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Place apples in a pot with water and spices and stew until cooked through. Remove any pieces of spice like clove and cinnamon once cooked.
- While stewing the apples, make the crumble topping.
- Combine all crumble ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden, stirring on occasion.
- Place warm apple mix in a bowl and top with toasted crumble mix.
- This is delicious served with some lightly sweetened yogurt.
- Note: You can swap in other fruits, like berries, pears and stone fruits to suit.
Per serve (200g) / Per 100g
Energy (kJ): 2700/1340 | Protein (g): 21/10.4 | Fat (g): 43/21.4 | Saturated Fat (g): 15.1/7.5 | Carbohydrates (g): 42.3/21 | Sugar (g): 11.8/5.9 | Sodium (mg): 24/12