Halloween Protein Cookies Recipe
Makes approx. 15
For the cookies:
- 70g Bioflex vanilla natural WPC
- 1 egg white
- 30g wholemeal flour
- 100g organic butter and/or coconut oil blend, softened
- 1/3 cup natvia or natural sweetener of choice
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the icing:
- Food colouring
- 1 packet Bioflex Some Like It Hot Chai Latte
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Dark chocolate
- For cookies: Set oven to 180 degrees and line two trays with baking paper.
- Whip butter/coconut oil and natvia until pale and creamy. Add in egg and egg white and continue to whip.
- Turn down to folding speed, or use a wooden spoon. Add vanilla, protein, water and baking powder.
- Once mixed turn on to a floured surface, or between two sheets of baking paper and roll out to 1cm thick.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut dough and place on prepared trays.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- For icing: Mix three tablespoons of coconut oil with Bioflex Chai Latte until a thick paste forms. Spread over cookies.
- Melt dark chocolate with one tablespoon of coconut oil until a thin icing forms.
- Allow the icing to ‘thicken’ a bit so it doesn't run all over the cookies.
- Get creative with your designs and colourings and start topping with spooky artwork!
Nutritional Information – excluding icings
Per CookiePer 100g
- Saturated (g)
- Sugar (g)