Dark Chocolate Crunch Bites
Makes 6 bites
- 50g raw cashew nuts - chopped
- 50g raw shredded coconut
- 3 (25g) tablespoons sesame seeds
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon (10g) flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter - we used Pic's Peanut Butter
- 15g buckinis
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup or coconut nectar
- 1 scoop (30g) Bioflex Nutrition Natural WPI in Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil - melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Dark chocolate - melted
- 15g Bioflex Nutrition Natural WPI in Chocolate
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil - melted
- Toast cashew nuts, coconut, sesame seeds, flax seeds and pumpkin seeds until golden brown. Allow to cool completely. Remove 1-2 tablespoons of mix and set aside.
- Melt together coconut oil, rice malt syrup/coconut nectar and peanut butter and stir well. Add salt and vanilla essence and combine.
- Place remaining base ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Take 6 cupcake or muffins cases and press mixture into them. Damp fingertips will help prevent the mixture from sticking.
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of one hour to set.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together. Add Natural WPI and mix well.
- Take base mixture out of the fridge and remove from cases. Carefully dip the tops into the chocolate, turn back up the right way and allow to set.
- Top with the remaining 1-2 tablespoons of nut mix.
- Best stored in the fridge and enjoyed within one week.
Per serve (45g) / Per 100g
Energy (kJ): 1070/2390 | Protein (g): 10/22 | Fat (g): 20.3/45 | Saturated fat (g): 8.9/19.8 | Carbohydrates (g): 7.5/16.7 | Sugar (g): 3.4/7.5 | Sodium (mg): 107/239