Crunchy Lentil Slice
Nut free | Vegan | Gluten Free option Makes 12 bite-sized balls
- 2/3 cup dry green lentils
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 45g quick oats - you can swap for buckinis, chopped cashews or a gluten free oat alternative
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut - shredded
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 60g dark chocolate chips - plus extra for coating/dipping. Vegan chocolate can be used to make this recipe 100% vegan.
- 2 tablespoons coconut or almond milk
- 1 scoop (30g) Bioflex Nutrition BioLife in vanilla or salted caramel
- 1 tablespoon no added sugar maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Rinse lentils and transfer them to a small saucepan. Cover with two cups of water and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain lentils and transfer to a small mixing bowl. Stir in the ½ tablespoon of coconut oil to coat lentils. Sprinkle with coconut sugar, cinnamon, coconut flour, sea salt and stir well.
- Spread lentils evenly on to lined tray and bake for 15 minutes, stirring halfway. Keep an eye on them to ensure they don't burn. When cooked, set lentils aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, mix together oats, BioLife, seeds, shredded coconut and chocolate chips. Add in crispy lentils, remaining melted coconut oil, milk and maple syrup.
- You may need to let the mix cool a bit if the coconut oil is too warm as it will not hold.
- When workable consistency, roll into bite-sized balls.
- Best stored in the fridge for up to one week.
Per serve (24g) / Per 100g
Energy (kJ): 374/1560 | Protein (g): 4.4/18.4 | Fat (g): 4.2/17.6 | Saturated Fat (g): 2.5/10 | Carbohydrates (g): 7.6/31.8 | Sugar (g): 2.3/9.6 | Sodium (mg): 9/38