Chocolate Beetroot Brownie
Vegan | All Natural | Raw Makes 16 squares
- 2 scoops (60g) Bioflex Nutrition BioLife in Chocolate
- 1 beetroot
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 cup cacao butter - melted
- 1/2 cup no added sugar maple syrup
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Line a standard 8 x 8 inch tin with baking paper.
- Grate the carrot and beetroot in a food processor.
- Add almonds and coconut and blend until well combined.
- Add all other ingredients and blend well.
- Stir by hand in necessary.
- Press mixture evenly in tin.
- Place in the fridge for approximately one hour before slicing with a hot, sharp knife.
- Add optional toppings. We used chocolate drizzle, coconut and blueberries.
Per serve / Per 100g
Energy (kJ): 1550/4430 | Protein (g): 3.2/9.1 | Fat (g): 6.3/18 | Saturated Fat (g): 4.1/11.7 | Carbohydrates (g): 5.1/14.7 | Sugar (g): 3.9/11.2 | Sodium (mg): 38/108