Caramel Coffee Mousse Cake
Makes 1 cake (serves 8)
For the base:
- 2 sachets Bioflex Nutrition BioCake in Creamy Banana
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 30g nuts of choice - we used walnuts
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon no added sugar maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or organic butter
For the mousse:
- 300g silken tofu
- 1 shot of espresso coffee - can use 1 teaspoon of instant coffee dissolved in 30ml boiling water
- 1 teaspoon gelatin - dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream - thick component
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons no added sugar maple syrup
- 20 dates - chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Line a medium cake tin with baking paper.
- To make the base: In a bowl combine maple syrup, coconut oil or organic butter, milk and nut butter. Heat for 20 seconds in the microwave to help with mixing.
- Add remaining base ingredients and stir well.
- Press into prepared cake tin.
- To make the mousse: Soak dates in milk and maple syrup for 10 minutes after heating for 20 seconds in the microwave.
- Place all mousse ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour over the cake base.
- Place in the fridge to set completely for approximately 2 to 3 hours.
- Best consumed within 2-3 days and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Per serve (97.5) / Per 100g
Energy (kJ): 884/907 | Protein (g): 9.2/9.5 | Fat (g): 13/13.4 | Saturated Fat (g): 4.7/4.9 | Carbohydrates (g): 11/11.4 | Sugar (g): 8.3/8.6 | Sodium (mg): 47/48