Berry Breakfast Jars
For the smoothie base:
- 1 scoop Bioflex Nutrition Natural WPI in Vanilla
- ½ banana
- 5 strawberries – frozen/thawed
- 10 raspberries – frozen/thawed
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons yogurt – we used Chobani
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon Bulk Nutrients Sweetvia
- 50g cashews – soaked and drained
For toasted muesli:
- 1 scoop Bioflex Nutrition BioOats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 scoops whole oats
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese (1 tablespoon per jar)
- Make the muesli: Melt butter and honey together over a hot plate.
- Add BioOats and whole oats to the butter mix and combine well.
- Cook, stirring until golden and covered. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Toast in the oven at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes, keeping an eye on it to prevent burning.
- Make the smoothie: Combine all ingredients in a processor or blender and process until smooth, creamy and well combined.
- In two jars layer smoothie base, cottage cheese and toasted muesli.
- Great served in a jar with a lid to take to work.
Per serve (217g)/ Per 100g
Energy (Kj): 207/952 | Protein (g): 28.1/12.9 | Fat (g): 31.1/14.3 | Saturated Fat (g): 9.6/4.4 | Carbohydrates (g): 22.5/10.4 | Sugar (g): 9.2/4.2 | Sodium (mg): 59/27