Banana Nut Cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 1 packet (60g) Bioflex Nutrition BioOats
- 50g flour of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 small banana - mashed
- 1 tablespoon butter - melted
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter - we used Pic's PB
For the icing:
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter - we used The Nutty Whey
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil - melted
- 1/2 tablespoon milk of choice
- To make the cupcakes: Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Place milk and butter in a mug and melt in the microwave. Stir in peanut butter, banana and egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine well.
- Divide mix between six cupcake cases.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool sightly before moving to a wire rack.
- To make the icing: Place all icing ingredients in a bowl and mix until a spreadable consistency.
- Spread over cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with excess cinnamon.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three days.
*does not include icing
Per cake (56g) / Per 100g Energy (Kj): 618/1100 | Protein (g): 7/12.6 | Fat (g): 7.6/13.6 | Saturated (g): 2.8/5 | Carbohydrates (g): 11.6/20.7 | Sugar (g): 1.9/3.4 | Sodium (mg): 20/35