Apple Pie Slice
- 20g walnuts
- 50g pecans
- 20g cashews
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon rice malt syrup or honey
- 25g sultanas
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons apple puree*
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil – melted
- 1 scoop Bioflex Nutrition BioLife in Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
*To make apple puree simply peel and core apples, dice and stew on stove top until softened. Drain and allow to cool before blending to a smooth paste. You can add cloves, cinnamon etc during the stewing process for flavour.
- Place nuts and coconut in a food processor and blend until chunky. Pour into a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Line a small brownie or loaf tin.
- Place mix into the tin and with damp hands press down to compact in and create a smooth top.
- Place in the fridge to set for a minimum of one hour.
- Remove and slice with a sharp knife. Drizzle with chocolate if desired.
- Best eaten within five days and stored in the fridge.
(Per serve/Per 100g)
Energy (kj): 919/1840 | Protein (g): 7.4/14.8 | Fat (g): 15/31 | Saturated Fat (g): 4.2/8.5 | Carbohydrates (g): 11.6/23.3 | Sugar (g): 10.4/20.8 | Sodium (mg): 23/46